Game Summaries & Headlines.
Varsity Baseball vs. Hedgesville
- Game Date
- May 8, 2017
- APPLEMEN: 1
- Applemen Can't Hold Up Against Hedgesville
- Applemen had trouble keeping up with Hedgesville in an 11-1 loss on Monday.
- Applemen took an early lead in the first inning. An error scored one run for Applemen.
- Hedgesville took the lead for good with four runs in the third inning. In the third there was an error, scoring one run, there was an error, scoring one run, and Brady Weaver hit a sacrifice fly to drive in a run.
- Hedgesville scored seven runs in the fourth inning. Hedgesville's big inning was driven by a single by Chase Delauter, a single by Hunter Coe, a groundout by Weaver, a single by Jacob Martin, a single by Tyler Vanderwijst, and a single by Adam Weaver.
- Delauter earned the win for Hedgesville. He tossed five innings, giving up one run, four hits, striking out seven, and walking zero. Brett Linton took the loss for Applemen. He pitched three and a third innings, surrendering eight runs, two hits, and striking out seven.
- Tyler Robinson, Tyler Sine, Dylan Brewbaker, and Justin Murphy each managed one hit to lead Applemen.